Creating a content strategy is a marathon, not a sprint, and you need a roadmap to get to the finish line.
Embarking on creating a content strategy can feel like being at the start of a running race. And the tendency is to want to sprint to the finish line as fast as possible. But a content strategy isn’t a 100m dash in a straight line. It’s a marathon on windy mountain paths. Try to sprint it and you’ll burn out or lose your way.
In this workshop I’ll introduce you to a simple-but-effective model that breaks the content strategy marathon down into a manageable roadmap. Through hands-on exercises I’ll also give you the tools and methods you need to leave the session and create a content strategy for your organisation, and implement it successfully.
What you will learn:
– Content strategy 101: what content strategy really is, why you need one, and how to convince senior stakeholders to support you
– Content operations 101: what it means to ‘operationalise’ your content strategy and why it matters just as much as the strategy itself
– The three-step content strategy model: a model that breaks content strategy into three simple parts and a logical roadmap.
– Step-by-step method: a method for creating your roadmap, with hands-on practice so you’ll feel confident going away and doing this yourself afterwards.
– Templates and tools: templates and tools for you to take back to work and use.